Bonnie

Default How do I barcode a date and time in a footer in Word 03

I am trying to barcode the "last printed date and time" in the footer of a
document in MS Word 2003. From all I can see, I think that barcoding only
works for Labels and Envelopes.

Has anyone out there done this? I sincerely appreciate your help!

Bonnie
Jay Freedman

Bonnie wrote:
I am trying to barcode the "last printed date and time" in the footer
of a document in MS Word 2003. From all I can see, I think that
barcoding only works for Labels and Envelopes.

Has anyone out there done this? I sincerely appreciate your help!

Bonnie

That's correct, the Barcode field in Word operates only with US Zip codes
and produces only Postnet barcode.

To do anything else, first you have to know which of the dozen or so barcode
schemes you need to produce. Then you may be able to find a font that
produces the bars corresponding to the characters, or you may need a
separate program to produce the code. See
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html for pointers to lots of
information.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Jezebel

For many barcoding schemes (like supermarket ones, unlike postage ones)
there isn't a simple mapping of characters onto bar patterns. The
information is coded into the differences between successive bars and space
widths. So you need software to create the code, not just a bar font.