Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emdummy

Default control+shift+n

When I highlight text and then use the keystroke control+shift+n I want it to
change the highlighted text to the normal stlye not just some of it. I dont
want to have to highlight different sections.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke

control+shift+n will apply Normal style... But probably applying Normal style
doesn't do what you expect it to.

Applying a paragraph style such as Normal will set the paragraph formatting
to what is defined in that style. It will not remove all manual font
formatting.

If you haven't selected anything, or have selected a single paragraph, font
formatting will be removed if it's applied to more than half of the
characters.

If you have selected more than one paragraph, manual font formatting won't
be removed at all.

I don't like that behaviour either. I'd much prefer if applying a style
would never touch font formatting.

To remove manual font formatting (and unfortunately character styles, too),
you can use control+spacebar (ResetFont).

Or if you want to apply Normal style and remove all font formatting, you can
use "Remove formatting" from the styles pane.

Regards,
Klaus