Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
A.Alisa A.Alisa is offline

Default Changing encoding of a document

Hi,

I opened a document and it appears gibberish. I know its an encoding problem. How can I change the encoding type for this document?

Thanks,

Alisa.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

IF your diagnosis of the problem is correct, then in Word click
on Tools | Options | General tab | check the "Confirm conversion
at Open" box | OK. Then try to open the gibberish file, and you
should get a dialog box that allows you to select the encoding
you want.