Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] kswope@gmail.com is offline

Default change/remove template from multiple documents

Hello,

I have many documents that use the same document template(s), and I
frequently need to change the template used in those documents. Is
there any way to change which template a bunch of documents use all at
once, instead of going into each document and changing the template in
the Templates and Add-ins dialog? Similarly, is there any way to
detach the document template from a bunch of files at once?

Thanks very much!

Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Kate

There is no straight forward way to do this. The code at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830561 might help.

However, frequently changing the templates that are attached to documents is
an odd thing to do. What's the reason behind it? Perhaps there's an easier
solution to your underlying issue.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have many documents that use the same document template(s), and I
frequently need to change the template used in those documents. Is
there any way to change which template a bunch of documents use all at
once, instead of going into each document and changing the template in
the Templates and Add-ins dialog? Similarly, is there any way to
detach the document template from a bunch of files at once?

Thanks very much!

Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] kswope@gmail.com is offline

Hi Shauna,

Thanks for the information. We have documents in a password protected
location on our network connected to a template also in that location.
Eventually, we make documents available to clients in an unrestricted
directory. So we need to remove the template attachment or they'll be
prompted to login to our restricted area. It's really mass removal of
the template designation that's more common.

Thanks again!

Kate