Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Desjardins Gilles Desjardins is offline

Default Field in form problem Word 2003

Word 2003 I am making a form to fill in. One field is number with fill-in
active and calculate on exit active.
When I lock the form to test it,everything else works and so does the field
in question EXCEPT that as I tab to leave the field to move to the next
field a dialogue box opens and waits for me to type text in it. So, I press
escape, the box goes away and I carry on with the rest of the form.
How do I stop this box from appearing, I don't know how it became active?

Thank in advanced

Gilles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Tell us more about the dialog that appears. What is its title? Do you have
a macro running on exit from the formfield?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Gilles Desjardins" wrote in message
Word 2003 I am making a form to fill in. One field is number with fill-in
active and calculate on exit active.
When I lock the form to test it,everything else works and so does the
field in question EXCEPT that as I tab to leave the field to move to the
next field a dialogue box opens and waits for me to type text in it. So, I
press escape, the box goes away and I carry on with the rest of the form.
How do I stop this box from appearing, I don't know how it became active?

Thank in advanced

Gilles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gilles Desjardins Gilles Desjardins is offline

Hello Doug,

The dialog box has an ok and a cancel button and in the title bar it is
written: Microsoft Office Word. Nothing else.
Run a macro on entry and run a macro on exit are both blank. On previous
occasions of troubleshooting I had selected the word "none" in those boxes.
The box is 3 3/4" wide and 1 3/4" high and there is a cursor flashing,
waiting for keyboard entry.
Alt+F11 (VBA editor) does not show any programming modules.

Hope this helps clarify.

Thanks for your help

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The dialog box appeared because there was a Fillin field in the document and
the Calculate On Exit causes the fields in the document to be updated which
causes the Fillin (which did not have any prompt) to be activated.