Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KMG KMG is offline

Default Define "Font Color (Automatic)"

This is what my styles say that are based on the Normal style, however my
normal style has a font color of blue, where as all my other styles are
coming up black. I want all my styles to be blue, do I have to change every
single one of them, or is there a way to make the "Automatic" mean blue?
Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If normal style is set to blue, then any style based on normal will be blue
too. Otherwise I'm afraid you need to change the other styles.

BTW, Automatic has a deeper meaning that 'black'. The colour of the font
when set to Automatic is the inverse of the background colour. So if the
background is White, the automatic font colour is black: if the background
colour is set to blue, the text colour changes to white (or yellow depending
on the intensity of the blue), etc.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"KMG" wrote in message
This is what my styles say that are based on the Normal style, however my
normal style has a font color of blue, where as all my other styles are
coming up black. I want all my styles to be blue, do I have to change
every single one of them, or is there a way to make the "Automatic" mean
blue? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

As an alternative to the manual process, you can use a macro to change the
font color of the styles.

You may use the macro below. Copy it to the Visual Basic editor, open your
Normal.dot template (if it is the one you want to change) and run the macro.
Then save and close Normal.dot.

The macro changes the font color of all styles in the active document to the
same color as used for the Normal style.

Sub ChangeFontColor_AllStyles()

Dim oSty As Style

For Each oSty In ActiveDocument.Styles
oSty.Font.Color = ActiveDocument.Styles(wdStyleNormal).Font.Color
Next oSty
End Sub

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"KMG" wrote in message
This is what my styles say that are based on the Normal style, however my
normal style has a font color of blue, where as all my other styles are
coming up black. I want all my styles to be blue, do I have to change
every single one of them, or is there a way to make the "Automatic" mean
blue? Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi KMG,

To add one bit to the other replies the 'automatic' base color for text is controlled by your Windows color scheme. It's not always
'black' although that is the general default in many Windows schemes.

"KMG" wrote in message ...
This is what my styles say that are based on the Normal style, however my
normal style has a font color of blue, where as all my other styles are
coming up black. I want all my styles to be blue, do I have to change every
single one of them, or is there a way to make the "Automatic" mean blue?
Thank you for your help.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP