Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Denny1803

Default how can i look up words using encarta in word 2003?

The choice for the encarta dictionary function does not appear on my computer
although others in the office have it. Is Encarta an add-in? How can I look
up words in the dictionary using it?
--
Denny
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis

"Denny1803" wrote in message
The choice for the encarta dictionary function does not appear on my
computer
although others in the office have it. Is Encarta an add-in? How can I
look
up words in the dictionary using it?
--
Denny

Encarta is a product. You can do some web based search at:
http://encarta.msn.com/
Or try the on that I use from http://www.answers.com Its unobtrusive and
thorough.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Denny1803

Chuck, are you saying that I have to purchase Encarta? Am I right in
thinking it can be integrated with Word so that a choice for using it appears
under "research"? Also, is it used on-line or off-line?
--
Denny

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"Denny1803" wrote in message
The choice for the encarta dictionary function does not appear on my
computer
although others in the office have it. Is Encarta an add-in? How can I
look
up words in the dictionary using it?
--
Denny

Encarta is a product. You can do some web based search at:
http://encarta.msn.com/
Or try the on that I use from http://www.answers.com Its unobtrusive and
thorough.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Denny,

In Word 2003 you can select the online features you want to use through the research pane's "Research Options" choice. Ctrl+F1
toggles Task Pane display and you can choose the Research pane from the drop down at the top of the Task Pane.

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Denny1803

Thanks Bob for the reply and the link. Can you tell me what a MST MVP is?
--
Denny