Wonderful

Default Layout and name for private dokument map.

Anyone have some smart tips to organize a private dokument map where we all
need to arkivate our importent dokuments--
Just wonder!!!
Daiya Mitchell

On 2/6/05 7:11 AM, "Wonderful" wrote:

Anyone have some smart tips to organize a private dokument map where we all
need to arkivate our importent dokuments--
Just wonder!!!

Your message is not completely clear, but this is how I interpret it:

You want tips on how to organize a written guide to an archive of your
important documents.

This is not really the appropriate newsgroup to ask this question (though I
don't know what would be), but I'd suggest using a database program, e.g.
FileMaker Pro, 4D, Access, or a bibliographic program, rather than Word.

Organizing the information correctly matters more than the program you use,
but that depends on what information about the documents you want to write
down and to be able to track, and how you think you will be searching for
the document. How you file (physically or electronically) the documents
also may affect how your build your guide. I'd say just start, but expect
to have make major changes a couple times early on, as you decide, e.g., you
want to be able to sort by date instead of subject.

Some useful features of Word that might help:
Outline View:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Format...singOLView.htm

Word will also sort paragraphs, so you might want to keep each entry in the
same paragraph. To sort paragraphs, use Table | Sort. You might to explore
that dialog, and the Options button in it, to see what you will be able to
do in Word and construct your guide according to what you can do.

Hope that helps,
--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/