bharatmnaik

Default How do I wipe out all reviewing information from a Word 2002 docu.

This is driving me crazy. I need to get a 'clean' document with no reviewer
information. There is some information I need from an existing document. So
here is what I did.
- Opened a new blank document
- Cut and pasted text from the existing document and saw that there is
reviewer information in the new doc.
- So I closed the new doc and opened a fresh one. Now, it has reviewer
information even though there is no text in it ! Seems like the default new
document always has some reviewing information
- I searched and found NO normal.dot file on my c: drive
- Obtained a clean normal.dot from a co-worker and saved it to
c:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 and c:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft
Office\Office10\ sub-folders
- When I open a blank document, the same information is STILL THERE

What am I missing and how can I fix it ??

Thanx
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:57:03 -0800, "bharatmnaik"
wrote:

[...]

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm for
information about replacing Normal.dot. Note that neither of the
folders you mentioned is the right one. Use the folder indicated as
the User Templates folder in the Tools Options File Locations
dialog.

Procedures for cleaning identifiable user information, including
reviewer data, from documents is he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290945
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427

--