Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wowbagger Wowbagger is offline

Default forms in Word 2007

I have a .tif image I would like to make into an editable form. As with
previous versions of Word I can place the image into the header of the
document (still trying to figure out where everything is on the ribbon) and
then place form fields in the appropriate places, but is there a way to save
the results as a .pdf file with editable form fields? I have already
downloaded and installed the .pdf addon from the MS Office site.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy Anne Troy is offline

To my knowledge, creating PDF files like this requires Adobe Acrobat (and not
a cheap/free "PDF Maker" utility). I believe newer versions of Acrobat are
capable of it, but I'm not sure. This seems to me to be a question for Adobe
Acrobat, not Word.
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Wowbagger" wrote:

I have a .tif image I would like to make into an editable form. As with
previous versions of Word I can place the image into the header of the
document (still trying to figure out where everything is on the ribbon) and
then place form fields in the appropriate places, but is there a way to save
the results as a .pdf file with editable form fields? I have already
downloaded and installed the .pdf addon from the MS Office site.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Acrobat Pro v8 will allow you to turn a .pdf file into a form that anyone
with Adobe Reader v7 or higher can fill out, save, email, etc.

The caveat is that Adobe is not supporting Office 2007 or Vista at this
point. Some people have no issues, others do. A free patch is expected later
this year.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Wowbagger" wrote:

I have a .tif image I would like to make into an editable form. As with
previous versions of Word I can place the image into the header of the
document (still trying to figure out where everything is on the ribbon)
and
then place form fields in the appropriate places, but is there a way to
save
the results as a .pdf file with editable form fields? I have already
downloaded and installed the .pdf addon from the MS Office site.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I'm amazed (no I'm not, it is Adobe!): I thought that Vista/Office2007 was
the raison d'être for Acrobat v8.

Terry Farrell

"Wowbagger" wrote:

I have a .tif image I would like to make into an editable form. As with
previous versions of Word I can place the image into the header of the
document (still trying to figure out where everything is on the ribbon)
and
then place form fields in the appropriate places, but is there a way to
save
the results as a .pdf file with editable form fields? I have already
downloaded and installed the .pdf addon from the MS Office site.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

That I can't say but I do know that v8 was released before Office 2007 and
Vista.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

"Wowbagger" wrote:

I have a .tif image I would like to make into an editable form. As
with
previous versions of Word I can place the image into the header of the
document (still trying to figure out where everything is on the ribbon)
and
then place form fields in the appropriate places, but is there a way to
save
the results as a .pdf file with editable form fields? I have already
downloaded and installed the .pdf addon from the MS Office site.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
To my knowledge, creating PDF files like this requires Adobe Acrobat (and
not
a cheap/free "PDF Maker" utility). I believe newer versions of Acrobat are
capable of it, but I'm not sure. This seems to me to be a question for
Adobe
Acrobat, not Word.

I am referring to the "Save as pdf or xps" option that appears within Office
2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The built in function is merely a rudimentary PDF document creation tool. If
you want interactive PDF formats, you will have to go for the full version
of Acrobat 8, when it becomes compatible with 2007. Check Adobe's site for
update information.