Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Clive[_3_] Clive[_3_] is offline

Default Date format

I have just started useing word 2007 and my problem invovles word documents I
have merged with Excell database.

On the excell database the date format in the relevant columns is the
correct one dd/mm/yyyy, but when I merge the database with my word document
the date comes out in the wrong format mm/dd/yyyy.

I can't understand why this happens, all my language and region settings for
the computer are for the UK, so why does the date come out in the US format
on the word document?

The problem seems to start in the mail merge edit recipient list, all the
dates there are somehow in the wrong format even thought the actual dates on
the exel database are correct.

Any help in fixing this pronblem would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Clive[_2_] Clive[_2_] is offline

hi ignore my question I've found another poster has had the sae problem, so
don't repeat your answers. cheers.