Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
freehawk33 freehawk33 is offline

Default Must enter SHIFT F9 before entering text in new WORD 2007 doc

Hi, I am unable to insert text into a new Word 2007 document. Also, I cannot
update saved Word documents using Wortd 2007. The text of existing documents
has a blue background which may suggest a field. If I press SHIFT F9 I can
enter text, which again suggests a field. Perhaps I am not using the
NORMAL.dot template? I am new to Word 2007. Hope someone can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Well for a start you are not using normal.dot with Word 2007. The normal
template is normal.dotm.
What happens if you start Word in its safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst
starting and positively acknowledge the ensuing prompt)? If that fixes the
problem, see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm or
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 with particular emphasis on the
normal template.