Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Genealogist Jeff Genealogist Jeff is offline

Default Index has problem

Last, first name index has been working fine, with over 6,000 entries. Now
suddenly the last name of Burrill has listed two first names, followed by
about 20 other occurrences of Burrill with a single first name. (Instead of
last name Burrill with 22 last names listed.) Only the Burrill last name is
fouled up in the Index?

Genealogist Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I encountered this problem in a genealogy book some years back (in my case,
the family name was "Link," and there were dozens of them). There was
absolutely no logical explanation; the XE fields were perfectly well formed,
and deleting and reinserting them did not help. I wasted a lot of time
spinning my wheels and never did find a solution. In the end, I just had to
handle the problem manually: after editing was complete and I knew the index
wouldn't change, I unlinked it and fixed the errant entries (and also tidied
up other issues such as bad column breaks).

http://word.mvps.org

"Genealogist Jeff" Genealogist wrote in
message ...
Last, first name index has been working fine, with over 6,000 entries. Now
suddenly the last name of Burrill has listed two first names, followed by
about 20 other occurrences of Burrill with a single first name. (Instead
of
last name Burrill with 22 last names listed.) Only the Burrill last name
is
fouled up in the Index?

Genealogist Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

[...]

Index problem Gus[_3_] Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 08 09:52 AM
Index problem Gus[_3_] Microsoft Word Help 0 July 25th 08 11:09 AM
Index problem Rich Microsoft Word Help 1 March 26th 06 08:05 AM
Index problem Rich Microsoft Word Help 0 March 24th 06 03:07 PM
Index problem jacobk Microsoft Word Help 2 June 18th 05 07:10 PM