Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Creating A Reusable Form In Word Creating A Reusable Form In Word is offline

Default How do I create a form (w/lines) that I can type in?

It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm and especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

wrote in message
It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Blue Moses Blue Moses is offline

I agree

I have just upgraded from Word 2002 to 2003. I cannot find anything in Help.

It is quicker to use Google to find Help for MS Word 2003 than Microsoft's
own product.

Shame on you Microsoft.

"Creating A Reusable Form In Word" wrote:

It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm. If you want to
create a protected form, you should read the linked articles by Dian D
Chapman in particular.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Blue Moses" Blue wrote in message
I agree

I have just upgraded from Word 2002 to 2003. I cannot find anything in
Help.

It is quicker to use Google to find Help for MS Word 2003 than Microsoft's
own product.

Shame on you Microsoft.

"Creating A Reusable Form In Word" wrote:

It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Chapman Shana Chapman is offline

Suzanne:

Is there a way to turn on the spell check feature for forms that you have
created, protected (filling in forms protection)?

wrote in message
It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
steffie steffie is offline

I tried to do what it shows in the link below, & couldn't get past the
"View-toolbars-forms" part. I can't find that anywhere. I even downloaded a
file called "Word Ribbon Mapping Workbook", & all it says about how to show
toolbars is that toolbars was deleted in Word 07. I tried to create a form
using the Developer tab, then clicking on the "insert plain text" or "insert
rich text content control, but it's not the same thing as I used to use on
Word 03 to make forms. You can't tab to get to the next text field. I'm
confused. Word 07 is driving me insane, & I have to use it at home, & at
both jobs!!! Please help!!

wrote in message
It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You didn't say you were using Word 2007. Neither my article nor Dian's
tutorials have been updated for Word 2007. But if you want to use the legacy
form fields, then you can access them from the Developer tab under Legacy
Tools.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
It seems like thee are many questions on how to create a usable form
with
lines in Word. Why doesn't Microsoft provide an easy answer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To display the Developer tab, do the following: Click the Office button, and
then click Word Options. In the Popular category, select "Show Developer tab
in the Ribbon." Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm and
especially
the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.