Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sproxton

Default Word never ever saves my default lanuage (English UK)

For the 10 years or more I have been using Word, it never ever ever EVER
saves my default language. At work and at home on different computers, no
matter how many times I select English (UK) or English (Australia) as my
default language, every time I open a new document, it is English US. With
Word 2007, I go to Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings and make English
UK or English Australia as my primary editing language. Then I go and start
a NEW document (or even open an old one) and there it is - good old Yankee
English. It is enough to bring out the good old baseball bat and prepare to
bash something (or someone)!! For every document in Office 2003, I have to
select all the text and change the language that way. Why the fricken hell
does this US Microsoft product refuse point blank to accept anything other
than US English? There's another world out there, dudes.

--
Sproxton in Sydney
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See the following article:

Get control of language formatting in Word
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sproxton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cottage1 cottage1 is offline

Well done stefan!!!
But is it not time that Msoft got to grips with this problem?
Thank you
cottages1

"Sproxton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help. I can't take credit for the article, though: it was
written by MVP Cindy Meister.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP