Maxwell

Default Text Form Field Formating Issue.

I am creating a form. How do I allow a user to copy and paste content into
the form without the content chaning format? The content most often pasted
will contain various foramts including bold, italic, color, etc.

Charles Kenyon

Unprotected sections? What you are talking about is what Word calls an
"online form." For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Maxwell" wrote in message
I am creating a form. How do I allow a user to copy and paste content into
the form without the content chaning format? The content most often pasted
will contain various foramts including bold, italic, color, etc.

Charles Kenyon

There are two issues going on.

First, you can't easily put formatting into a form field. You can into an
unprotected section.

Second, when you paste into any Word document, styles come into play, as
they should. http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html
--

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I am creating a form. How do I allow a user to copy and paste content
into
the form without the content chaning format? The content most often
pasted
will contain various foramts including bold, italic, color, etc.

Maxwell

ok I think I'm getting closer to the solution. I need to figure out how to
add an unprotected section. From what I have figured out I go to Tools
Protect Document then select the Sections button and put ticks on stuff I
want to protect etc. The problem is I can see the "Sections Button" but it is
not clickable. Any suggestions or links on how to add an unprotected filed to
an Online Form? By the way thanks for your help so far!

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I am creating a form. How do I allow a user to copy and paste content
into
the form without the content chaning format? The content most often
pasted
will contain various foramts including bold, italic, color, etc.

Charles Kenyon

Unprotect the document.
Go where you want the unprotected section.
Insert Break Section (continuous)
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm
--

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I am creating a form. How do I allow a user to copy and paste content
into
the form without the content chaning format? The content most often
pasted
will contain various foramts including bold, italic, color, etc.

Maxwell

Oh My God! It works! Thanks a million! You are a genius! Thank you!

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I am creating a form. How do I allow a user to copy and paste content
into
the form without the content chaning format? The content most often
pasted
will contain various foramts including bold, italic, color, etc.

text form field help please. joelgee Microsoft Word Help 12 March 31st 05 02:51 AM
Enter data in 1 text form field & have multiple locations fill Lee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 10:56 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
How do I spell check text in a text form field? Credit Analyst Microsoft Word Help 4 December 14th 04 10:07 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM