Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Storm Storm is offline

Default How do I get rid of the Styles tab in Word 07

It takes up a lot of space and it's not something I need. I wasn't sure if
there was a way to hide it or something.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Storm,

The Ribbon can be minimized and restored by either doubleclicking on the top of any tab or by using Ctrl+F1.

==============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?U3Rvcm0=?=,

It takes up a lot of space and it's not something I need. I wasn't sure if
there was a way to hide it or something.

There's no way to hide individual parts of the Ribbon. It's an "all or
nothing" proposition.

If you want to change how the Ribbon looks, you have to build your own. This
involves digging into the guts of the template (Normal.dotm, for example) file
and writing your own XML to define how you want your Ribbon to look.

Or, you'd have the option of buying a tool, such as the RibbonCustomizer,
which does the "dirty work" for you, in the background.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org