Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Default Field Number Formats

Hello there,

I am using the Legacy Form tools in 2007 to add Text Fields to my Invoice
Document.

I would like one of the fields to always show in brackets even though they
are typing in a positive number

I have tried:

(#,##0.00)

and

(#,##0.00);(#,##0.00)

It will show my negatives as bracketed but steadfastly refused to do the
same for the positives!!

Please help

Thanks

Judith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Judith,

If the content of the form field should always display within these two
characters, why not place them just outside the form field?

I am using the Legacy Form tools in 2007 to add Text Fields to my Invoice
Document.

I would like one of the fields to always show in brackets even though they
are typing in a positive number

I have tried:

(#,##0.00)

and

(#,##0.00);(#,##0.00)

It will show my negatives as bracketed but steadfastly refused to do the
same for the positives!!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

So simple it is embarrassing that I didn't think of that LOL.
I was going to suggest using an on exit macro to format the result of the
field, which works equally well but is not as simple

Cindy M. wrote:
Hi Judith,

If the content of the form field should always display within these
two characters, why not place them just outside the form field?

I am using the Legacy Form tools in 2007 to add Text Fields to my
Invoice Document.

I would like one of the fields to always show in brackets even
though they are typing in a positive number

I have tried:

(#,##0.00)

and

(#,##0.00);(#,##0.00)

It will show my negatives as bracketed but steadfastly refused to do
the same for the positives!!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Hi,

There is not always a number in the box so I wanted either a blank or
bracketed.

However, I do take your point on the brackets outside the box and I did try
this but even though they were not part of the field the calculations picked
up the number as a negative even though I typed a positive number.

in the end I have gone for brackets always to be there and I've changed my
calculations

It's just a bit frustrating when I know that (#,##o) should give me all
numbers in brackets.

Thanks for your help

Judith

m field should always display within these two
characters, why not place them just outside the form field?

I am using the Legacy Form tools in 2007 to add Text Fields to my Invoice
Document.

I would like one of the fields to always show in brackets even though they
are typing in a positive number

I have tried:

(#,##0.00)

and

(#,##0.00);(#,##0.00)

It will show my negatives as bracketed but steadfastly refused to do the
same for the positives!!

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can conditionally add the brackets based on the content of the field.
Check the calculate on exit check box for the field and where you want the
brackets enter the following conditional fields

{ IF { Text1 } " *" "{ IF { Text1 } "" "(" "" }" "" }{ FORMTEXT }{ IF
{ Text1 } " *" "{ IF { Text1 } "" ")" "" }" "" }

{FORMTEXT} is Text1 - change Text1 to match your actual field bookmark name.
The fields will not display brackets when there is nothing in the field or
the field content is deleted by the user.