Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default MacroButton

I've been reading articles on creating a MascroButton field in which
requested information can be typed. My attempts, however, have failed to
yield the simple "[Type company name here]" MacroButton I need. When I
click inside and start to type it disappears.

Could one of you experts tell me how it's done? I always seem to accomplish
more with your help than by articles I read on a subject.

Thanks for this and your years of replies to my questions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's the whole point. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I've been reading articles on creating a MascroButton field in which
requested information can be typed. My attempts, however, have failed to
yield the simple "[Type company name here]" MacroButton I need. When I
click inside and start to type it disappears.

Could one of you experts tell me how it's done? I always seem to
accomplish
more with your help than by articles I read on a subject.

Thanks for this and your years of replies to my questions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Type company name here should disappear: why would you want that to stay on
the form? Unfilled in, what you should see is something like...

Company Name: [type company name here...]

After filling it in you should have something like...

Company Name: Pepsi Cola plc

If it didn't work that way, you would have...

Company Name: type company name here...Pepsi Cola plc

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I've been reading articles on creating a MascroButton field in which
requested information can be typed. My attempts, however, have failed to
yield the simple "[Type company name here]" MacroButton I need. When I
click inside and start to type it disappears.

Could one of you experts tell me how it's done? I always seem to
accomplish
more with your help than by articles I read on a subject.

Thanks for this and your years of replies to my questions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Hi, Terry:

As I just wrote to Suzanne, in this case it's okay to point and laugh! I
don't know what in the world I was thinking!

Thanks for the reply, Terry.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

We all have those moments. g And the question is not trivial because,
unlike a form that uses form fields, a form set up using MacroButton fields
is not reusable because the MacroButton fields are replaced with plain text.
Which is why such forms are better set up as templates rather than as
documents.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

That's the whole point. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I've been reading articles on creating a MascroButton field in which
requested information can be typed. My attempts, however, have failed
yield the simple "[Type company name here]" MacroButton I need. When
click inside and start to type it disappears.

Could one of you experts tell me how it's done? I always seem to
accomplish
more with your help than by articles I read on a subject.

Thanks for this and your years of replies to my questions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Nothing to worry about; my mind frequently goes around in circles making the
most idiotic conclusions at times.

Terry