as

Default compatibility issue

Hi.

I created a template and several docs based on this template. I did this on
my laptop which has Word 2000 installed. I would like to be able to work on
the template and docs on my desktop that has Word 2003 installed. Is this a
problem, if not, to which folder should I save the template?

Kind regards

Allan

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi As,

I created a template and several docs based on this template. I did this on
my laptop which has Word 2000 installed. I would like to be able to work on
the template and docs on my desktop that has Word 2003 installed. Is this a
problem, if not, to which folder should I save the template?

Basically and theoretically it should not be a problem. Practically, if the Normal.dot on your laptop system has been damaged, it could cause problems. You'll just need to try it out.

Template location: Open Word on the desktop system, go into Tools/OPtions/file locations and check which path is set for Templates. If none is (quite likely), then you'll need to go into Windows Explorer, Tools/Folder options/View and activate the view of all hidden folders and files. Now go into C:\Documents and Settings and find your login name. Drill down into that until you find the Templates folder and copy your template into it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)