S2art

Default Track Changes in Word 2002

This marco also worked for me, but it only accepted the changes I added, not
the deletions. Is there a similar macro to accept the deletions, or to
accept both simultaneously?
Thanks

"Greg" wrote:

To me the range of options for tracking changes is the
most disappointing feature of Word2002. Thankfully this
was corrected in Word2003. To regain the ability to fully
customize track changes (e.g., customize the deleted text
mark) you will need a macro. The following is an
adaptation of a macro Shauna Kelly provided me last year
when I was frustrated by this same problem. It is
currently set to provide the options you have indicated.
To customize further, you will need to open the VBA
project and change the macro.

Sub TrackChanges()

With Application.Options
.RevisedLinesMark = wdRevisedLinesMarkOutsideBorder
.RevisedLinesColor = wdAuto
.DeletedTextMark = wdDeletedTextMarkHidden
.DeletedTextColor = wdAuto
.InsertedTextMark = wdInsertedTextMarkNone
.InsertedTextColor = wdAuto
.RevisedPropertiesMark = wdRevisedPropertiesMarkNone
.RevisedPropertiesColor = wdAuto

End With
End Sub

Need help installing macros? See:

cami

I also need to show revision bars ONLY. This is frustrating since Word 97
was so easy to choose "show changes in text" or "show changes in print" yes
or no options. I tried the macro given and found that the deleted text still
shows as strike-through text for me also. I hope someone out there can help
us find a solution to this problem in Word 2002.

Thanks!

--
Thanks in advance.

Bharat