Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jdaman1998 jdaman1998 is offline

Default How do I limit text output from a merge field?

Hi;
This seems like it should be a very easy thing to do. In Access, I put
both the First Name and Middle Initial into the "First Name" field.
When I print my advertisements using Word Mail Mere, I want only the
first name to appear, ignoring the initial. I am guessing there is an
"If/ Then" statement or something that I can insert that will have
mailmerge only use the letters before the space, but I can't figure out
how to do that. Of course, I could make a middle initial field in
Access, and just might do that. I was just curious and would like to
learn more of this aspect of mail merge anyway.
Thanx
Jdaman