Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noorie Noorie is offline

Default How can I type something underneath a line just like forms have?

I want to type a document, just like many other forms. For example, to write
down your name, the forms have an empty line, underneath which will be
(name), indicating what information is needed.
I have word xp 2007. Also, how can I open "help" or "about" in windows
professional xp 2007? it used to be on the menu bar, now in the ribbon, I
don't see it.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is much more trouble than it's worth in Word. Unless you're creating a
form that is to be printed and filled out by hand or typewriter, I wouldn't
even attempt it. For a form to be filled out on the computer, it is much
easier to use a MacroButton NoMacro field with a prompt such as "[Click here
and type name]." For instructions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

"Noorie" wrote in message
I want to type a document, just like many other forms. For example, to
write
down your name, the forms have an empty line, underneath which will be
(name), indicating what information is needed.
I have word xp 2007. Also, how can I open "help" or "about" in windows
professional xp 2007? it used to be on the menu bar, now in the ribbon, I
don't see it.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

I usually do this in a table. I have two rows and usually three columns
(middle column blank to provide a space). I erase all lines except the
horizontal line between the rows. In the bottom row of the first column, I
have "Name" or "Signature," and in the bottom row of the last column, I have
"Date." I use the cell border at the top of those two cells to create the
line the person signs on.

The middle column is usually very narrow and only serves to create a space
between the signature and date lines.

If you need more spaces than just two, add more columns to the table.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"Noorie" wrote:

I want to type a document, just like many other forms. For example, to write
down your name, the forms have an empty line, underneath which will be
(name), indicating what information is needed.
I have word xp 2007. Also, how can I open "help" or "about" in windows
professional xp 2007? it used to be on the menu bar, now in the ribbon, I
don't see it.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A table isn't really necessary for signature/date lines (I do them with
tabs), but I believe what the OP is asking for is running text with
underlines sprinkled through it, each with a "label" underneath. Although
this could be done with text boxes, or can (very laboriously) be done with
alternating lines of type of different sizes (using center-aligned tabs), it
just doesn't repay the effort.