Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ll ll is offline

Default style separator for TOC

I'm using a program to generate clauses to assemble a document. I have put
in style separators in the full document in the program. It's all done
correctly. But when I assemble the document it actually looks like a
converted WordPerfect document where you have the caption and the text is on
the next line (like there's no style separator). The TOC will generate
correctly, but why should it have to look like that.

Anyone know what would cause this to happen? Thx, ll

Example:
4.1 Definitions. For the purposes of this article, the
term shall mean the accounting year.

It looks like this:
4.1 Definitions
.. For the purposes of this article, the term shall mean the accounting year.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Seems as if you have been using a hidden paragraph mark rather than a style
separator? What happens if you hide hidden text? How does the page look in
Print Preview?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Style Separator CJ Page Layout 2 September 12th 07 01:22 PM
Style Separator Style Separator Lost Microsoft Word Help 1 November 8th 06 01:04 AM
what is a style separator? Nancy Microsoft Word Help 4 September 18th 06 05:03 AM
Style Separator with custom style sheets DK Goodwin Formatting Long Documents 1 May 13th 05 05:48 PM
Use of Style Separator command? Chris Formatting Long Documents 5 March 3rd 05 01:30 AM