Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
annonymous annonymous is offline

Default Speech recognition from online audio?

Can we train speech recognition engine by some audio files from internet, If
not can we type the same file in word and then play the same audio file so
that speech recognition engine saves that profile and then of course it
improves the dictation by same type of voice.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may be able to do this with some of the more capable 3rd party dictation packages (http://nuance.com) but it's probably not
something that's going to be reliable with the Microsoft Windows Speech Recognition that was included in Office XP and Office 2003.

The profiles are sensitive not only to a given individual but also to the machine characteristics of an individual computer.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP