katy_r

Default Inserting e.g. page 2A in a page-numbered document.

Help! I need to add an extra page into a numbered document, without
disrupting all the rest of the numbers. I have tried adding a section break,
changing the page number for that footer, then adding another section break,
but whichever way I try I end up with e.g. 2A on the rest of the document.
Help!!!
Margaret Aldis

You need to unlink the footer of your inserted section from the previous
section, and also to unlink the footer of the following section from the
inserted section. There is a button on the header and footer toolbar to
unlink, and you should see the 'Same As Previous' legend disappear.

Note that you will also have to change the page number start for the final
section - otherwise you will get 2A (typed) followed by 4 (page count
field).

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP