Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cynwalker cynwalker is offline

Default captions not showing up in cross-reference

I'm captioning all of my Tables and Figures and then referencing the
table/figure in the text using the cross-reference dialog box. Now all of a
sudden in the last couple of documents I've been working with the caption no
longer shows up in the cross-reference and some captions show twice. Has
anyone had this problem and (hopefully) solved it?

Thanks,
Ciindy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ali Kefeli Ali Kefeli is offline

On Oct 27, 5:01*pm, cynwalker
wrote:
I'm captioning all of my Tables and Figures and then referencing the
table/figure in the text using the cross-reference dialog box. Now all of a
sudden in the last couple of documents I've been working with the caption no
longer shows up in the cross-reference and some captions show twice. Has
anyone had this problem and (hopefully) solved it?

Thanks,
Ciindy

I have exact same problem and it's driving me nuts! Anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ali Kefeli Ali Kefeli is offline

On Oct 28, 6:16*pm, Ali Kefeli wrote:
On Oct 27, 5:01*pm, cynwalker
wrote:

I'm captioning all of my Tables and Figures and then referencing the
table/figure in the text using the cross-reference dialog box. Now all of a
sudden in the last couple of documents I've been working with the caption no
longer shows up in the cross-reference and some captions show twice. Has
anyone had this problem and (hopefully) solved it?

Thanks,
Ciindy

I have exact same problem and it's driving me nuts! Anyone?

Here's the solution I found and worked for me:
http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2009/...rences-issues/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed, the Track Changes feature causes a lot of issues with numbering (any
kind of numbering) in Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:

I'm captioning all of my Tables and Figures and then referencing the
table/figure in the text using the cross-reference dialog box. Now all
of a
sudden in the last couple of documents I've been working with the
caption no
longer shows up in the cross-reference and some captions show twice. Has
anyone had this problem and (hopefully) solved it?

Thanks,
Ciindy

I have exact same problem and it's driving me nuts! Anyone?

Here's the solution I found and worked for me:
http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2009/...rences-issues/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bdavies bdavies is offline

wrote:

I'm captioning all of my Tables and Figures and then referencing the
table/figure in the text using the cross-reference dialog box. Now all
of a
sudden in the last couple of documents I've been working with the
caption no
longer shows up in the cross-reference and some captions show twice. Has
anyone had this problem and (hopefully) solved it?

Thanks,
Ciindy

I have exact same problem and it's driving me nuts! Anyone?

Here's the solution I found and worked for me:http://cybertext.wordpress.com/2009/...-fix-track-cha...

Hi
Tried the macro but unfortunately this still does not help. Could it
be the fact that several people work on documents and some have Word
2007 and others have the older versions.

Nothing seems to get rid of this problem - even starting at the
beginning of the document and re-inserting the table and figure
numbers. The numbers are shaded so they should turn up in the cross-
reference box but after a certain number they stop.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you manually accept the changes, then does cross-referencing work for
your document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP