Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chaostar

Default Word 2007 should let me change the general theme color.

The new look of Word 2007 is great, but I think that it should give me the
option of the general color or "tonality" of the theme. Currently it seems to
be blue by default and everything is "blue-ish". Why can't I make it
"red-ish" or whatever? I think this would be a great addition to the final
product.
Thanks!
Martin FC

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Max

There is such an option, but currently there are only two color schemes. The
default blue and a grey vista theme. You can change this by clicking on the
Office button and then on "Word Options". Right there you should see an
option saying "Color Scheme".

"Chaostar" wrote:

The new look of Word 2007 is great, but I think that it should give me the
option of the general color or "tonality" of the theme. Currently it seems to
be blue by default and everything is "blue-ish". Why can't I make it
"red-ish" or whatever? I think this would be a great addition to the final
product.
Thanks!
Martin FC

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ingolf

And how can I create my own scheme?
Or are there other schemes than "windowx XP (blue) " and "Windows Vista
(gray)" available for download?

Thanks
Ingolf

"Chaostar" wrote:

The new look of Word 2007 is great, but I think that it should give me the
option of the general color or "tonality" of the theme. Currently it seems to
be blue by default and everything is "blue-ish". Why can't I make it
"red-ish" or whatever? I think this would be a great addition to the final
product.
Thanks!
Martin FC

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Sorry to say, "what you see is what you get". There are no other themes, and
there's no way to define your own.
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Chaostar" wrote:

The new look of Word 2007 is great, but I think that it should give
me the option of the general color or "tonality" of the theme.
Currently it seems to be blue by default and everything is
"blue-ish". Why can't I make it "red-ish" or whatever? I think this
would be a great addition to the final product.
Thanks!
Martin FC

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the
Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the
message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James Presland

The XP Olive would be nice, even if we are not to be allowed to twiddle on
our own!

James Presland

"Chaostar" wrote:

The new look of Word 2007 is great, but I think that it should give
me the option of the general color or "tonality" of the theme.
Currently it seems to be blue by default and everything is
"blue-ish". Why can't I make it "red-ish" or whatever? I think this
would be a great addition to the final product.
Thanks!
Martin FC

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the
Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the
message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi James,

While you can't presently theme Office on its own you can apply a Windows color scheme to 'everything' by using the Accessibility
tools in Windows to select any saved appearance set through the 'high contrast' dropdown list.

========
"James Presland" James wrote in message
The XP Olive would be nice, even if we are not to be allowed to twiddle on
our own!

James Presland
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system iinfo is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/