Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NOTTNICK NOTTNICK is offline

Default Dates in mailmerge

I am merging an exel file with word 03.
On my previous PC the date formatted in the same form as on excel ie.
19 Feb 08.
However in the document it alters to American format 02/19/08 and I
REALLY don't want that.
Whatever I try to do, the format in the merged letter stays wrong.
Can anyone tell me how to fix things.

Thanks

Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted in the table.

NOTTNICK wrote:
I am merging an exel file with word 03.
On my previous PC the date formatted in the same form as on excel ie.
19 Feb 08.
However in the document it alters to American format 02/19/08 and I
REALLY don't want that.
Whatever I try to do, the format in the merged letter stays wrong.
Can anyone tell me how to fix things.

Thanks

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NOTTNICK NOTTNICK is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

NOTTNICK wrote:
I am merging an exel file with word 03.
On my previous PC the date formatted in the same form as on excel ie.
19 Feb 08.
However in the document it alters to American format 02/19/08 *and I
REALLY don't want that.
Whatever I try to do, the format in the merged letter stays wrong.
Can anyone tell me how to fix things.

Thanks

Nick- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Graham
I tried it but don't get anything different happening.
I have checked Excel and the dates are definitely formatted as dates
in the format I want in the word document.
Any other suggestions.
Realise that previously I was using office XP (or whatever the earlier
version was).
This is now Office 03 - could that be anything to do with it?
Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I am not sure that will fix it in this instance The Dates Reversed link at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...002/MM2002.htm may offer more
insights.

"NOTTNICK" wrote in message
On 17 Feb, 15:43, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the
General tab and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at

NOTTNICK wrote:
I am merging an exel file with word 03.
On my previous PC the date formatted in the same form as on excel
ie. 19 Feb 08.
However in the document it alters to American format 02/19/08 and I
REALLY don't want that.
Whatever I try to do, the format in the merged letter stays wrong.
Can anyone tell me how to fix things.

Thanks

Nick- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Graham
I tried it but don't get anything different happening.
I have checked Excel and the dates are definitely formatted as dates
in the format I want in the word document.
Any other suggestions.
Realise that previously I was using office XP (or whatever the earlier
version was).
This is now Office 03 - could that be anything to do with it?
Nick

if statements with dates in mailmerge walkerh Mailmerge 3 April 9th 07 06:17 PM
assistnace with mailmerge dates from excel Woods Mailmerge 2 May 26th 05 06:29 AM
Word Mailmerge reading UK dates in Access as US dates Curious of Barnet Mailmerge 4 April 18th 05 12:36 AM
Mailmerge Dates Greg Smart Mailmerge 2 March 18th 05 07:27 PM
Mailmerge Dates [email protected] Mailmerge 0 March 18th 05 02:47 PM