Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ab7z ab7z is offline

Default Dictionary switched from English to French without warning.

I returned to my computer after ten minutes and found that my computer must
have logged off as my files were closed. When I restarted Word, the
dictionary & grammar checker had changed from English (US ) to French.

I don't know how to go back.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"ab7z" wrote:

I returned to my computer after ten minutes and found that my computer must
have logged off as my files were closed. When I restarted Word, the
dictionary & grammar checker had changed from English (US ) to French.

I don't know how to go back.

Did you have to restart the computer, or just Word? If only Word was closed
during your absence, I would investigate as it does not seem to be normal
behaviour.

Tools Language Set Language... English (Flavour you want) and then click
on the "Default..." button at the bottom left corner of the dialog box. Click
on "Yes" when the question pops up.