Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] lucgallant@gmail.com is offline

Default Word opens existing documents slowly; only if double clicking the file

I have a strange problem that i've read a lot of other posts about
similar ones, but the things in those haven't really helped me.
Basically, if I double click an MSWord file, it takes about 1.5
minutes to open Word. First word comes up, then the file comes up some
time later. However if I open word, then open the file, it all happens
very quickly. It's a very strange problem and I can't figure it out (I
know it's not printers as in the MS Knowledgebase), so any suggestions
would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] lucgallant@gmail.com is offline

On Feb 3, 8:57 am, "John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]"
wrote:
If it's not the Printer it's the anti-virus :-)

On 1/2/07 12:31 PM, in article
om, "

wrote:
I have a strange problem that i've read a lot of other posts about
similar ones, but the things in those haven't really helped me.
Basically, if I double click an MSWord file, it takes about 1.5
minutes to open Word. First word comes up, then the file comes up some
time later. However if I open word, then open the file, it all happens
very quickly. It's a very strange problem and I can't figure it out (I
know it's not printers as in the MS Knowledgebase), so any suggestions
would be appreciated. Thanks!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Hey,

thanks for the reply. I've played around with it, and on occasion
after a reboot it works fine, opens files right away. I have Symantec
Corporate 9.0, and everyone with the issue has the Home Edition... In
many occasions I would disable the auto protect, and the word
documents would still open extremely slowly. For now, i've excluded
*.doc files, and one document just opened quickly. I'll monitor it and
if you guys have any more suggestions that would be great. Thanks a
lot,

Luc Gallant

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
[...]

Just to let you guys know, I still face the same issue...