Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ajswogger@hotmail.com is offline

Default Word 2007 formatting problem

One of my users is having a problem with the formatting in some
documents created Word 2007, but saved in 97-2003 compatibility mode.
She can create the document without any problems, but later when she
reopens the document all of the text for each line is moved over to
the left so that each character is directly on top of the next. The
only way I have found to fix the problem is to copy all of the text
into a new document. I had her email me one of the documents and I
was able to open it without any problems.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

According to contributor Bob Buckland: "It's a bug that somehow seems to
have Word misreading temporary files related to the printer currently in
use. You can usually 'unscramble' the display from File=Print and switch
to the printer properties or to another printer then your normal one, or
close Word and delete all files found on Start=Search and looking for
~$*.*;*.tmp as the name string then restarting Word." See also
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm