Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Michael Byrne Michael Byrne is offline

Default how do i preserve page orientation after deleting a section break

I have created a word document, first page portrait 2nd page landscape, with
differing margins etc. The document has created a 3rd blank page at the end,
and when I select the section break at the end of the 2nd page to delete the
blank 3rd page, the 2nd page reverts to portrait and my margin settings are
lost. How can I delete the 3rd blank page, whilst still preserving the 2
different settings to orientation and margins on 1st and 2nd pages
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

With the insertion point in the second section (the landscape page), go to
Page Setup. Without making any changes, click OK. Then place the insertion
point in Section 3 (the last, unwanted page) and press F4. This will repeat
the last operation, applying the same page setup to Section 3. You will then
be able to delete the section break without affecting orientation or
margins.