Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Retirement Guy Retirement Guy is offline

Default Formatting # of columns on different pages in the same document

How can I format 2 columns on page 1, then go to no columns on page 2 of the
same word document
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a section break where you want the two-column format to end and
the one-column format to begin. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm for more
information.

Retirement Guy wrote:

How can I format 2 columns on page 1, then go to no columns on page 2 of the
same word document

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

But note that of course the text cannot flow continuously through the
section break, which I would imagine is a requirement. To get that effect,
I'm afraid you'd have to use two linked half-width text boxes on the first
page, the second linked to a third (full-width) text box on the second page,
and if this is the sort of layout you need, you'd be better off working in
Publisher or some other page layout application that is designed to use text
boxes rather than continuous text flow.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...