Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
EPA EPA is offline

Default SECTIONPAGES not right when printed

Using Word 2003 on Windows XP. My document comprises several sections, and
the page numbers should say "Page s-x of y", where s is the section number, x
is the page number within the section, and y is the number of pages in the
section. On the screen, it does exactly that, but when printed, every page
seems to have "Page s-x of x". The last field is { SECTIONPAGES \* Arabic
\* MERGEFORMAT }. I have tried manually updating this field, but it doesn't
seem to make any difference. What's going on, and how do I fix it?
--
Ted
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm .

EPA wrote:
Using Word 2003 on Windows XP. My document comprises several sections, and
the page numbers should say "Page s-x of y", where s is the section number, x
is the page number within the section, and y is the number of pages in the
section. On the screen, it does exactly that, but when printed, every page
seems to have "Page s-x of x". The last field is { SECTIONPAGES \* Arabic
\* MERGEFORMAT }. I have tried manually updating this field, but it doesn't
seem to make any difference. What's going on, and how do I fix it?

SECTIONPAGES Across Multiple Sections? Brandon[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 5th 07 08:01 PM
SectionPages field printing incorrect information B Peters Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 06 03:24 PM
Sectionpages error whisky Page Layout 3 May 30th 06 11:06 AM
Problem with {SECTIONPAGES} Geoff C Page Layout 1 December 24th 05 03:20 PM
Using sectionpages in Word Mark B. Microsoft Word Help 1 August 2nd 05 02:07 AM