Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ted Anderson Ted Anderson is offline

Default Page margins

I have a large document with many sections. When I try to set the margins
for any section or for the whole document from the Page Setup dialog, I get
the following message:

"Teh settings you chose for the left and right margins, column spacing, or
paragraph indents are too larger for the page width in some sections."

I get this message no matter what settings I specify or what section I try
to apply them to.

I can set the page margins manually by dragging the handles in the toolbar,
but I have to do that for each section in the document. I want to set the
same margins for the entire document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Click Format | Columns, and choose the "One" option (even if it already
appears to be selected). Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ted Anderson" wrote in message
I have a large document with many sections. When I try to set the

margins
for any section or for the whole document from the Page Setup dialog,

I get
the following message:

"Teh settings you chose for the left and right margins, column

spacing, or
paragraph indents are too larger for the page width in some sections."

I get this message no matter what settings I specify or what section I

try
to apply them to.

I can set the page margins manually by dragging the handles in the

toolbar,
but I have to do that for each section in the document. I want to set

the
same margins for the entire document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ted Anderson Ted Anderson is offline

I tried this suggestion, but I still get the same error message.

Note that I can select File Page Setup... and then click OK without making
any changes and I get that message.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Did you choose "Whole document" for "Apply to" in the Columns dialog
box? By default, Word selects "This section."