Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DocHale DocHale is offline

Default how to make document into 2 columns?

Just got Office 2007 and can't figure out first how to layout page in two
columns, not tables...and then add line between columns. Office 2003 had a
simple menu and check-box to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Page Layout Ribbon and Page Setup grouping. The familiar dialog box will
appear when you chose Columns.
--
Rae Drysdale

"DocHale" wrote:

Just got Office 2007 and can't figure out first how to layout page in two
columns, not tables...and then add line between columns. Office 2003 had a
simple menu and check-box to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

For the dialog box, Word 2003's shortcut keys work, too -- Alt+OC (F_ormat -
_Columns), even though the menu is kaput.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible