Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simonc simonc is offline

Default Saving a document with equations

I used equation editor for almost the first time to put in a mathematical
derivation of a formula which involved around 11 equations.

When I tried to save the document there was an error that the disk was full
or too many files were open. Neither of these were true. I tried copying the
first four equations to another document and was able to save that, but as
soon as I added another equation the same error occurred.

Is there a limit to the number of equations allowed? How do you get around
this?

I am still using Word 2000, with equation editor 3.1.

Grateful for any ideas.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 1-Aug-2006, simonc wrote:

When I tried to save the document there was an error that the
disk was full or too many files were open. Neither of these were
true.

Simon, there is no limit to the number of equations you can enter, but
some versions of Word sometimes hiccup with a lot of objects of any
type -- drawings, clip art, charts, photos, equations, etc. We have an
article on our web site that will help you deal with this:

http://www.dessci.com/en/support/support/tsn/TSN64.htm

The article appears to apply only to MathType (the full-featured,
professional version of Equation Editor), but some of the techniques
described will also apply to Equation Editor. One of the things that
will not eliminate the problem, but will minimize its impact, is to
develop the habit of saving the document after entering every
equation. A simple Ctrl+S will do, and may save some headaches along
the way. (BTW, this problem isn't as bad with Word 2002 or Word 2003.)

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide