Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anil Anil is offline

Default Equation editor

I want to convert mathml equation to word equation editor equations. How can
i do that? If that is not possible i want to get this equation editor fromat
from any other format. so i need the possibility of conversion details. Can
you please suggest me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Anil,

MathML code has a structure and syntax quite unlike what Word uses for the Equation Editor. It could require a fairly complex macro
to extract something from such code that Word could use. Unless you've got the time to invest developing & testing the code, the
best approach might be to simply reproduce the equations manually in Word.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Anil" wrote in message ...
I want to convert mathml equation to word equation editor equations. How can
i do that? If that is not possible i want to get this equation editor fromat
from any other format. so i need the possibility of conversion details. Can
you please suggest me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anil Anil is offline

Hi macropod,

Thanks for the reply. Instead of mathml to Equation editor is there any
other format supports to convert that equation to Equation editor format?
Please sugget.

My requirement to get the equation editor format from any other format?
Please suggest.

"Anil" wrote in message ...
I want to convert mathml equation to word equation editor equations. How can
i do that? If that is not possible i want to get this equation editor fromat
from any other format. so i need the possibility of conversion details. Can
you please suggest me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

I might be missing the point here, but if you are using Word 2007, you can
just paste your MathML. Word will do its best to convert it to an equation.

If you want to know how the conversion is done, you can check mml2omml.xsl
and omml2mml.xsl in the directory where winword.exe is located.

Yves

"Anil" wrote in message
I want to convert mathml equation to word equation editor equations. How
can
i do that? If that is not possible i want to get this equation editor
fromat
from any other format. so i need the possibility of conversion details.
Can
you please suggest me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Anil, it is very important we know what version of Word you're using.
Without that information, we can't help you.

Also, if you are using Word 2007, which equation editor are you using?
(If you don't know how to answer the question, just tell us how you
create a new equation.)

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anil Anil is offline

Hi Bob,

I am using word 2003. I don't have any seperate equation editor. I need to
use word default equation editor for the equations. My requirement is i have
a mathml equations text file like mml:mathmml:wrowa/mml:mrow/mml:math
etc., from this i need to convert to word equation editor format. I need
solution without mathtype etc.,

Is there a way to convert from mathml to equation editor format in a direct
way? if not i need other possible ways to do this. Can you please help me out
to solve this issue.

Thanks in adavnce
Anil

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

Anil, it is very important we know what version of Word you're using.
Without that information, we can't help you.

Also, if you are using Word 2007, which equation editor are you using?
(If you don't know how to answer the question, just tell us how you
create a new equation.)

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
Design Science, Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Anil, thanks for the information. You no doubt noticed that I work for
the company that makes both Equation Editor and MathType. I am not
aware of any way to convert a MathML equation into an Equation Editor
equation. You may know that MathType will convert MathML into a
MathType equation, but you said you needed a solution without
MathType. I don't know why you don't want to use MathType -- perhaps
it is the price -- but if you only have a limited number of equations
to convert, and you can finish your work before 30 days, you might
consider the 30-day MathType trial.

There may be other solutions that I am not aware of, but this is the
best I can offer. I hope you are able to find a solution suitable for
you.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor

On 2-Sep-2009, Anil wrote:

I am using word 2003. I don't have any separate equation
editor. I need to use word default equation editor for the
equations. My requirement is i have a mathml equations
text file like mml:mathmml:mrowa/mml:mrow
/mml:math etc., from this i need to convert to word
equation editor format. I need solution without mathtype etc.,

Is there a way to convert from mathml to equation editor
format in a direct way? if not i need other possible ways to
do this. Can you please help me out to solve this issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anil Anil is offline

Hi Yves,

Can you give me some more details? Is it possible to run this xsl using word
2003. Also what is the input and output format for this xsl. can you please
guide me on this? I tried to find samples for this conversion but i couldn't
find any samples.

"Anil" wrote in message
I want to convert mathml equation to word equation editor equations. How
can
i do that? If that is not possible i want to get this equation editor
fromat
from any other format. so i need the possibility of conversion details.
Can
you please suggest me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Word 2003 has no support for MathML as far as I know. Even with the
compatibility pack installed, I'm not sure that Word 2007 equations (in
OMML) can be displayed properly by Word 2003.

The conversion using xsl all happens behind the scenes in Word 2007. But
looking at the xsl makes me think that all you need is some well formatted
MathML as input. But if you want to take a look at them yourself,
http://blogs.msdn.com/murrays/archiv...word-2007.aspx
explains how you can download some pre SP2 versions of the style. So you
could actually use those to generate OMML from your MathML. But without Word
2007, you probably can't do anything with the result of the transformation
process.

Yves