Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dabug007 dabug007 is offline

Default Cascading styles - Changes aren't cascading

I'm using Word 2003 and trying to edit the Professional Letter.dot to reflect
the fonts we use in my office. All the styles in the template are
based on Normal. None of the styles have independent font formatting. So I
expected a font change to Normal to cascade through the other styles.

While the changes do cascade to Signature and Salutation, they do not
cascade to Date, Inside Address, Body Text, or Closing.

Does anyone know why this occurs and how to "fix" it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The styles you mention have the font explicitly set to Arial; at least that
is the case with the Professional Letter.dot template included with my
version of Word 2003. You will have to change the styles manually. Or if you
want all styles to have the same font, you can use a macro such as the
following:

Sub ChangeFontOfAllStyles()
Dim s As Style
For Each s In ActiveDocument.Styles
s.Font.Name = "Courier New" 'specify the font name you want
Next s
End Sub

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dabug007" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 and trying to edit the Professional Letter.dot to
reflect
the fonts we use in my office. All the styles in the template are
based on Normal. None of the styles have independent font formatting. So
expected a font change to Normal to cascade through the other styles.

While the changes do cascade to Signature and Salutation, they do not
cascade to Date, Inside Address, Body Text, or Closing.

Does anyone know why this occurs and how to "fix" it?

changes to style not cascading? dabug007 Microsoft Word Help 7 October 15th 09 06:19 PM
cascading windows nastech Microsoft Word Help 1 September 17th 06 08:35 AM
Cascading windows. Lobo Microsoft Word Help 4 August 9th 06 02:43 PM
Cascading paragraphs HT New Users 24 September 8th 05 05:45 PM
Cascading Text Tom Harrington Microsoft Word Help 2 March 26th 05 03:35 AM