papagaio

Default Users can't open Word file with jpg logo

Our company have a word template with our logo in the header and footer (2
small jpegs) . This template is used for documents we send by email to many
clients. Basically, the problem is that many clients complain about the time
it takes to open the word document and others complain that their computers
hangs. The templates are built according to Microsoft. I know that when a
user is not connected to the internet the doc opens almost immediatelly.
As I understand that there is a problem with UNC(Universal Name Convention),
that is, the word document have embedded its original path for the template
and try to reach it through the internet/network and so doing and not finding
it sometimes it loops endless and sometimes after a timeout it opens.
How this problem can be solved? Is there a way to edit the template and
delete the original path or set a small timeout so it will search nothing,
but just open it?