Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Louis Louis is offline

Default Table printing issue

Hi I have a table with several rows and 4 columns. It looks OK until you try
to print it or view it in Print layout. The column header row is overlaid on
top of one of the rows and I CAN'T FIX it! Is my table corrupted? Please
advise. thx.

Louis
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

When you put the cursor anywhere in the table heading row and then select the
whole table, is only the heading row selected? If it is, then go into table
properties and set the text wrap to none.

HTH,
PamC

Louis wrote:
Hi I have a table with several rows and 4 columns. It looks OK until you try
to print it or view it in Print layout. The column header row is overlaid on
top of one of the rows and I CAN'T FIX it! Is my table corrupted? Please
advise. thx.

Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Louis[_2_] Louis[_2_] is offline

Hi Pam,

Thanks. I selected heading row/column 1, then hit Shift and selected the
whole table, it appears that the colour for all the cells have changed, does
this mean that I have selected it? Please advise. thx.

Louis

PamC wrote:
When you put the cursor anywhere in the table heading row and then select the
whole table, is only the heading row selected? If it is, then go into table
properties and set the text wrap to none.

HTH,
PamC

Hi I have a table with several rows and 4 columns. It looks OK until you try
to print it or view it in Print layout. The column header row is overlaid on
top of one of the rows and I CAN'T FIX it! Is my table corrupted? Please
advise. thx.

Louis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Pam had meant that you should put the selection in the heading row of the
table and then use the Select Table item on the Tables menu and then, if
only the heading row was selected, it would mean that the heading row was
actually a separate table that probably had the Text set to wrap around it,
which is what could cause the problem that you mention.

Just put the selection in the Heading row and from the TableProperties
dialog, make sure that the Text wrapping is set to None.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP