Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
annoni annoni is offline

Default border reappears after pasting

I have tables with borders and I wanted to change some boder design so I
removed all borders first and I put my own borders. But, when I copy the
table and paste the table on a new document the original border reappears!
and plus my borders!

I have to do about 50 tables and I might have to copy and past the tables to
other documents. Is there a simple way to fix this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Table borders are determined in large part by the table style applied. The
default table style (Table AutoFormat) in new documents is Table Grid. If
you have removed the borders from a table in one document and paste it into
another in which you have not changed the default Table AutoFormat, then it
will take on the Table Grid style.

"annoni" wrote in message
I have tables with borders and I wanted to change some boder design so I
removed all borders first and I put my own borders. But, when I copy the
table and paste the table on a new document the original border reappears!
and plus my borders!

I have to do about 50 tables and I might have to copy and past the tables
other documents. Is there a simple way to fix this? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
annoni annoni is offline

Thanks you for your response, Suzanne.

Is there any setting I can apply to a new document to keep my table border
as is when I paste it?