Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bukti bukti is offline

Default after cropping a section of article how to save it

I have tried to crop a section of an article to save and print it,but once
the cropping tool has set the boundaries,there is nothing to click on to save
that section and work with it ,that I can find anyway?Any help appreciated,as
the "help" has been no help as usual.Frank Lobach
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Cropping? There is no 'cropping tool' in Word - maybe you should explain
*exactly* what you are doing and what you think should happen?

bukti wrote:
I have tried to crop a section of an article to save and print it,but
once the cropping tool has set the boundaries,there is nothing to
click on to save that section and work with it ,that I can find
anyway?Any help appreciated,as the "help" has been no help as
usual.Frank Lobach

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, yeah, there is, but as you know it's for cropping *graphics* - that's
why it's on the Picture toolbar. If that what Frank is using to select text
it's no wonder he's having a problem :-)

In order to do what you seem to be attempting, Frank, just use the regular
I-Beam pointer. Drag (among other options - you may want to take a look in
Word Help for 'selecting text') to select the passage, then Copy
(EditCopy). Create a new blank document & EditPaste in it, Then Save with
the file name of your choice. Print that.

Alternatively - if you don't actually need a separate file - select the
passage as above, then go into the Print dialog box & choose "Selection" in
the Page Range area.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac