Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert

Default Page numbering after TOC

Hi,

I have created a 25 page word document starting with:

Coverpage (page 1)
TOC (page 2)
Contents (page 3-25)

Already on page 3 I have a TOC heading, and when updating the TOC this
heading is shown as on page 3.

My question is how do I get word page count to ignore the first two pages?

Thanks for any help
\Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert

Just in case,

I am running word 2003... and I have already tried the insert page number
function, but

a) I can start first page at -2
b) The first two page numbering must not be visable
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you want the page numbers to appear in the table of contents, then you
will need to insert a Section Break after the table of contents and have the
page numbering after that section break start at 1. Do not put page numbers
in the first section if you do not want them to appear there.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP