Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert

Default emailed newsletters look different than what on my screen

I downloaded several newsletter templates, then edited with my information.
Looks great on my screen. When I email to myself or others, the layout is
very different ... it is much wider than the original ... all pictures and
text is also moved.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shauna Kelly

Hi Robert

When you send an email in this way, it is formatted as HTML, the language
used for web pages. Because HTML has to work on a wide variety of computers
in a wide variety of circumstances, it is a very general language. HTML
cannot replicate the full layout capabilities of Word.

Bear in mind, too, that not everyone has an email client that can read HTML
at all, and some people prefer to read emails as plain text, and so they
turn off the ability to read HTML emails.

One solution is to send the Word document. A slightly better solution may be
to save the Word document to a PDF file and email that.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word