Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ocker3

Default text direction and layout in different language

I'm attempting to get text (specifically Japanese characters) to show up in
the Japanese character style, specifically Top to Bottom, Right to Left.
Using a text box I can get the text to start at the right side of the page,
but that is simply a rotation of the text, the characters would be in the
right place but they would be on their side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ocker3

Is that Interface Management Entity or Input Method Editor? sorry, don't have
much experience in working with different languages in Windows.

"ocker3" wrote in message
I'm attempting to get text (specifically Japanese characters) to show up

in
the Japanese character style, specifically Top to Bottom, Right to Left.
Using a text box I can get the text to start at the right side of the

page,
but that is simply a rotation of the text, the characters would be in the
right place but they would be on their side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The latter.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You will need a Japanese IME to do this.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"ocker3" wrote in message
I'm attempting to get text (specifically Japanese characters) to show

up
in
the Japanese character style, specifically Top to Bottom, Right to

Left.
Using a text box I can get the text to start at the right side of the

page,
but that is simply a rotation of the text, the characters would be in

the
right place but they would be on their side.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ocker3

Okay, so I've got the Japanese IME activated (it is pre-loaded on my Uni's
computers because of the large number of Japanese students and Australian
students studying Japanese). So what's the next step towards changing how the
text is ordered on the screen?