Orianna

Default converting documents

I have Word XP (2002) and am trying to find a way to convert files to WP 5.1
for DOS. The converters only allow viewing of WP documents. There appears
not to be a way to convert and save in WP. Can anyone suggest a workaround?
This has become a real headache with the new job. Any ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks
--
Tweetybird

CyberTaz

Hi Orianna-

You might try Versiontracker or other sources for a file conversion utility.
I know there are some that will do WordWP5.1, but I have no experience with
them and most of what I have seen about the results is not encouraging. Any
attempt to convert a newer file type to an older format can be problematic,
and the greater the disparity , the more likely & more severe the problems
can be.

As an alternative, you can Save As whichever of the several Text file types
that best serves your purpose. However, in the files you create to be saved
that way you will not be able to use many of Word's features because they are
not supported in those formats. You may still not get the desired results.

Good Luck |:)