Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RobSDSU RobSDSU is offline

Default Styles "Format Settings" Window

Using Word 2003, in the window under "Other formatting" can you tell me what
happens if the following options are checked?

1. Font formatting
2. Paragraph level formatting
3. Bullet and numbering formatting

Thank You!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

Can you let us know how to get to the window under "Other formatting"?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"RobSDSU" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2003, in the window under "Other formatting" can you tell me
what
happens if the following options are checked?

1. Font formatting
2. Paragraph level formatting
3. Bullet and numbering formatting

Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I suspect this is the Format Settings dialog box that you can access
via the Styles and Formatting pane.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi

Can you let us know how to get to the window under "Other

formatting"?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"RobSDSU" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2003, in the window under "Other formatting" can you

tell me
what
happens if the following options are checked?

1. Font formatting
2. Paragraph level formatting
3. Bullet and numbering formatting

Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RobSDSU RobSDSU is offline

Stefan is correct. In the Styles and Formatting pane you can choose "custom"
from the "show" window at the bottom of the pane. This will cause the
"Format Settings" window to display.

The bottom third of the window gives options for "Other formatting". I know
what the "Show Clear Formatting" option does, but I'm stumped as to purpose
of the other three options (Font formatting, Paragraph level formatting, and
Bullet & Numbering formatting).

Your thoughts?

Thank You!

Rob

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I suspect this is the Format Settings dialog box that you can access
via the Styles and Formatting pane.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi

Can you let us know how to get to the window under "Other

formatting"?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"RobSDSU" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2003, in the window under "Other formatting" can you

tell me
what
happens if the following options are checked?

1. Font formatting
2. Paragraph level formatting
3. Bullet and numbering formatting

Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I currently don't have access to Word 2003 to test this, but I'm
guessing that the options rule which type of formatting is displayed

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I suspect this is the Format Settings dialog box that you can

access
via the Styles and Formatting pane.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi

Can you let us know how to get to the window under "Other

formatting"?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"RobSDSU" wrote in message
news Using Word 2003, in the window under "Other formatting" can

you
tell me
what
happens if the following options are checked?

1. Font formatting
2. Paragraph level formatting
3. Bullet and numbering formatting

Thank You!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TD-Template TD-Template is offline

The following information is from the Microsoft Office System 2003 Edition
Inside Out book by Microsoft Press. The Font, Paragraph level, and Bullet &
Numbering formatting check boxes located in the Format Settings dialog box,
allow you to see hidden formatting relating to each respective check box that
wouldn't normally be seen even when you select All Styles in the Styles and
Formatting task pane. This tip is located in Chapter 12, Part 3: Word, on
page 332 (see the Tip Box). Hope this helps?
--
Thanks,
Tony