Al

Default Page numbering problem with combining documents

I am combining two documents using Word Automation.

The first document has 2 pages which when the table on this document is
populated could expand to 3 pages. The second document has only 2 pages.

When totally combined I have 5 pages. The first document shows page 1,2,3
of 5.

How do I keep the total pages count on document 1 to not count the 2 pages
from document 2?

I have a section page break at the end of document 1 which doesn't seem to
work.

Stefan Blom

The Page X of Y feature makes use of two fields. You can display
field codes by pressing ALT+F9. You'll see Page { PAGE } of {
NUMPAGES }. Try replacing NUMPAGES with SECTIONPAGES (just type
it between the braces) and then press F9 to update the field.
Press ALT+F9 to hide field codes and redisplay results. Does this
fix the problem?

Note that if the SECTIONPAGES field doesn't work for you, you can
insert a bookmark on the last page of the first of the combined
documents and replace the NUMPAGES field with a cross-reference
to the page number of that bookmark. You can use
InsertReferenceCross-Reference to create the cross-reference.

--
Stefan Blom